Mission description

This is a blog about travel, adventure, charity, and bikes. It's the story of my trip from San Francisco to wherever the road ends.
My goals are:
(1) Get as far as I can south - cycling, hitching, or whatever - before my time and money run out.
(2) Try to understand social inequality in the areas I travel through, and to do what I can to help.
My tools are my trusty bike, Magnum, my thumb, this blog, and the following websites, for which I am an ambassador:
You can follow the adventure right here, and you can see how it all started, and what it's all about, using the tabs above. If you want to be notified of new posts, you can subscribe using the links down on the right, or by liking the Wheels of Fortune Facebook page.

Saturday 4 May 2013

Crikey!

So many reasons to say crikey. Firstly, it's just been a while, that's all. Secondly, my blog is up to date!! I am writing this today, and today's date is on this post. The posts I wrote yesterday, have yesterday's date. So exciting! Thirdly, I just looked at the elevation profile of my ride to Durango...

Crikey!!
May I direct your attention to the elevation profile in the lower right corner of the screenshot. 37 000ft!!! Yikes. I have not cycled up anything even close to that big so far on this trip. AND I haven't cycled in a month, and am miserably out of shape.

So yeah I'm going to take it slow. It's only 311km, but it will probably take 5 days. Who knows, maybe more. I assume much of the cycling will probably be better described as 'trying not die while moving slowly forward and up', rather than cycling. Anyhoo.

For funsies, I thought I would take advantage of the fact that my blog is currently up to date, and share with you the link to my GPS tracking system shared map page here. So if you're interested, you can see my daily progress as I make my way up the mountain. If you the dot doesn't move for a few days, send the helicopters.

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment