Mission description

This is a blog about travel, adventure, charity, and bikes. It's the story of my trip from San Francisco to wherever the road ends.
My goals are:
(1) Get as far as I can south - cycling, hitching, or whatever - before my time and money run out.
(2) Try to understand social inequality in the areas I travel through, and to do what I can to help.
My tools are my trusty bike, Magnum, my thumb, this blog, and the following websites, for which I am an ambassador:
You can follow the adventure right here, and you can see how it all started, and what it's all about, using the tabs above. If you want to be notified of new posts, you can subscribe using the links down on the right, or by liking the Wheels of Fortune Facebook page.

Friday 8 February 2013

Welcome

Hi! and thanks for visiting my blog. If you're reading this, you probably already know  that my name is Hugh, and I look like the guy in the picture below. If not, well met then I say!


I started this bicycle trip over a month ago, but am only starting to blog about it now. The thing is, I didn't know if the trip was going to continue for more than a month, and if it wasn't, I didn't see much point in writing a blog about a 3 or 4 week bicycle trip. However, here I am, still going, and with hopefully a lot more road in front of me before a return to Oz.

From now on my aim will be to update this blog roughly every few days, though there could be some longer gaps when I can't get internet access. I will start by recapping my trip down from San Francisco to San Diego in retrospect (21/12/12 - 07/01/13), before I catch up to the present. So to see how it all panned out, read on! Also check out the 'Beginnings' tab on the main page to see how this dream of my dreams came about.

I hope you enjoy reading, and please feel free to comment.

WHEELS...
OF...
FORTUNE!


No comments:

Post a Comment